Sunday, January 29, 2012

How to fold cloth diapers

Here's my first ever video blog! Here, I demonstrate how to creatively wad cloth to staunch the flow of pee and whatnot that comes out of a small human.

Bear in mind that I'm not demonstrating the textile origami needed to turn a huge square of flimsy cloth into a diaper. I start with prefolds. They're way easier and worth it. Prefold is a funny name because they're really manufactured multi-layered cotton pads of varying size. I suppose that some folding is involved somewhere in making a prefold, but you really can't see the magic by looking at one.

The other misleading thing about prefolded diapers is that you still have to fold them to use them, and they don't come with instructions. In the video below, I demonstrate what I learned through trial-and-error about how to fold and use a few different size prefolds with a Thirsties Duo diaper cover.

Also demonstrated in the video is how to make-do with three sizes of diapers by changing how you use them for different size kids, night/day use, and different size diaper covers. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment